THE FIFTY GREATEST THINGS THAT JUST POPPED INTO MY HEAD
by Jack Pendarvis
- Ice cream
- Blue—Don’t try to get creative with your favorite color. We all know it’s blue.
- Sneeze—It feels great to sneeze. What a relief.
- Jesus—Love him or hate him, you’ve got to hand it to the Son of God. Over two thousand years old and still going strong. It’s no wonder His name is also an exclamation. Jesus!
- Oxygen—What a fantastic element! And not just because it’s easy to breathe. There is so much to recommend oxygen. According to scientists, nothing beats oxygen.
- Bill—A friend of mine. He’s nice. I’m sorry we haven’t kept in touch as well as we might have, Bill. Say hello to Lisa.
- Lisa—I secretly think you are “hot.” Don’t tell Bill.
- Windows—You can see what’s outside yet feel safe and protected. It’s all thanks to windows. Who thought up windows? We may never know. But that man or lady had it “goin’ on”!
- Lists of fifty things in magazines—Thought provoking! Not a waste of time at all.
- House slippers
We hope you enjoy this excerpt.
To read the full piece, please purchase a copy of the magazine from The McSweeney’s Store.