The Greenward Palindrome
+ a list of references, acronyms, and abbreviations therein
a supplement to
Doubling in the Middle
BY GREGORY KORNBLUH
Won’t I note Ben? Oh, still a cold, raw NE. Ergo: two nos. Day as dismal, climate big. Get Sen. (R-OK), sir. One disputes data in “war”? Damn, I do. Oh, retro? Paper a sham, lacks a bite. Mine position won. Kyoto? Negate; J.I.’d abet. Saw one rot. (Sneer.) Gas to low temp. Oh, sad loser, eh? Sit. Ah. We sue re caps, ocean?
Wows, is up: Mural a gem. It still, a ballet, how one in every 3 is awed. Art on!
At 1764 M.A., as I view Otsu, mill at some mags, I gab gab on. Sin. A catnip, a Reknitz on a pup. (Is it paw art?) Sleets? A Totes. “I was, I tote.”
No. No, see? Seeps. We fed ample. He’s so PC in a Gro diaper.
(A IPO to CEO? Greed, sir! A fast ego’s evil. Slam in a tub! How?)
One do Rei me. Togs. All is soft, safe, no? Rattle. Moth. Asleep.
Store: no BPA. Can I spot SIGG? (Is not a bottle beer, then a refill?!) Listen, a LP tray. (A LP is naive.) Was gift—rats!—late, Mom?
Gab. Keel. So ten, if smart, lug a bare hot pans: To-Go’s tiffins (ha! sets!). A Taza tastes…ah! Sniff it. So, got snap? To HER, a bag (ultra-Ms.-fine-to-sleek bag). Mo’ metal? Start. Figs? Awe. Via N.? Si. Play. Art.
Planet’s ill. Life ran, eh? Tree. (Belt to baton, SIGG is tops in a cap.) Bone rots, peels. Ah, to melt tar, one fast fossil. (L.A.’s got ‘em.) I erode now. Oh, but animals live, so get Safari’s deer.
Repaid organic posse? Help! Made few. Speesees on one tot is a wise tot. A steel straw apt: I sip up an oz., tinker, a pint, a can. I, snob? AG bag is game. Most. All. I must owe, I. Visa. Am 46.71. Ta! No? Trade.
Was I 3 yr. even (i.e., now)? Oh, tell. A ball? It’s time. Gala! Rumpus!
I, S.W., own a eco space. Reuse what is here sold. A shop. Me. Two lots. A green store. No, waste bad. I? Jet age no toy. Know. No, it is open. I met, I bask. Calm. Ah, S.A., rep a Porter ’hood in MA. Drawn? I? A tad. Set. Upside: no risk, or nest egg. I bet a mil clams, I’d say. Ad.
So now to Greenward: Local. Lit. Shone. Bet on it now.
Acronyms, References, and Abbreviations in the Greenward Palindrome:
- Ben Nelson, Democratic senator from Nebraska
- Sen. (R-OK), J.I.:
- James Inhofe, Republican senator from Oklahoma
- the Kyoto Protocol, an international agreement to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions
- Mural a gem:
- Greenward’s brilliant and iconic in-store mural, created by artist Craig Bostick 1764
- M. A.:
- 1764 Massachusetts Avenue, Greenward’s address
- politically correct
- Initial Public Offering
- Chief Executive Officer
- Bisphenol A, a potentially harmful chemical used in the making of plastic
- long-playing vinyl record album
- Los Angeles
- Scott Walker, owner of Greenward
- Simone Alpen, owner of Greenward
Companies and Products Mentioned in the Greenward Palindrome:
- Little Otsu Publishing, stationery and greeting cards
- A catnip, a Reknitz on a pup:
- catnip toys and Reknitz reclaimed-cotton dog sweater, both from West Paw Design
- A Totes:
- Totes Umbrellas
- in a Gro diaper:
- Gro Baby cloth diapers
- One do Rei me:
- Toby + Rei, eco-friendly baby clothes and accessories
- SIGG of Switzerland water bottles
- LP tray:
- LP snack tray by Vinylux
- To-Go’s tiffins:
- tiffin set by To-Go Ware
- A Taza:
- Taza Chocolate, makers of organic, stone-ground chocolate
- HER, a bag:
- HER Design, eco-friendly bags by Helen E. Riegle
- jewelry by Figs & Ginger
- Via N.:
- jewelry by Via Nativa
- Safari’s deer:
- Bucky Cardboard Deer Trophy by Cardboard Safari
- Speesees on one tot:
- Speesees, organic gear for babies and tots
- A steel straw:
- stainless steel straws from R.S.V.P. International
- AG bag:
- bag made from upcycled materials by Alchemy Goods
What did you think?
Write a letter to the editor